The main update is that Rev 2 now covers the MAX-9, this includes updates for the following:
- Pilot seating position (Visual Cues and Techniques for Turning while Taxiing)
- Typical tail clearance data
- OEI rotation and tail clearance data
- ILS landing geometry data
- VASI landing geometry data
- Touchdown body attitude chart
- Pitch and roll ground contact angle chart
Changes affecting all types include the following:
- Added discussion regarding when a flight crew should report a high drag/high side load landing event.
- Changed maximum approach speed wind additive from 20k to 15k "When making adjustments for winds, the maximum approach speed should not exceed VREF + 15 knots or landing flap placard speed minus 5 knots, whichever is lower."
- Added nose wheel "skidding" to discussion regarding taxi operations.
- Removed Note regarding increased column force during reduced thrust takeoff. Not applicable to 737-8,-9 airplanes.
- Corrected deceleration times and distances by use of speedbrake from 40% to 10% as per aerodynamic anlaysis.
- Updated discussion regarding use of speedbrake as applicable to 737 -8,-9 with fly-by-wire spoiler logic.
- Standardized the use of engaged/disengaged" autopilot and autothrottle for all 737 variants.
- Changed "spoilers" to "speedbrakes" for consistency.
- Plus lots of Non-technical changes of terminology for standardisation/clarity or previous version typo errors or omissions.