On 9 Nov 2016 at 05:20z, an AerCaribe, 737-400F, HK-5139, 24431/1863, suffered a partial failure of both left and right main landing-gear causing the wheel bogies to rotate out of allignment, following a landing on Runway 13R at Bogota (SKBO) in benign weather conditions. The aircraft remained on the runway throughout the event and there were no injuries.
SKBO 090600Z VRB02KT 9999 FEW012 BKN017 13/12 A3031
The preliminary report issued 15/4/17 stated that the approach and landing were normal however increasingly strong vibrations occurred after landing. When the aircraft reached low speed, it spun counterclockwise 170 degrees and came to a stop 3161 meters past the threshold of runway 13R. Tyre marks showed that the shimmy had occured for 2681 meters
This is another in a series of 737 Classic MLG failures:
- 29 Mar 2017 - Peruvian Airlines 737-300, OB-2036-P, Gear collapse and fire on landing at Jauja
- 4 Oct 2016 - OE-IAG, 737-400F, ASL Airlines, Belfast
- 12 Sep 2016 - 737-300SF, PK-YSY, Trigana Air Service MLG collapse on landing at WAVV, Wamena, Indonesia.
- 26 Nov 2015 - XA-UNM 737-300 Gear collapse on landing at Mexico City-Benito Juárez
- 22 Nov 2015 - EX-37005 737-300 Gear collapse on landing at Osh
- 26 Oct 2015 - ZS-OAA, 737-400, Comair, MLG collapse on landing at Johannesburg, South Africa
- 24 Oct 2015 - Peruvian Airlines 737-300 OB-2040-P MLG collapse on landing at Cusco
- 28 Aug 2015 - 737-300CF, PK-BBY Cardig Air, MLG collapse in a landing accident at Wamena Airport (WMX), Indonesia.
- 29 Apr 2014 - EI-STD, Air Contractors B737-400 MLG failure on landing at East Midlands
- 7 Nov 2014 - Ariana Boeing 737-400, YA-PIE right MLG failure on landing.
- 26 Jan 2014 - ZK-TLC, 737-300SF, Pacific Air Express, MLG collapse on landing at Honiara, Solomon Islands
- 11 Feb 2013, AP-BEH, 737-300, Pakistan International Airlines, Muscat-Seeb, Oman
All of the information, photographs & schematics from this website and much more is now available in a 374 page printed book or in electronic format.
*** Updated 08 Jun 2017 ***