General changes throughout the manual:
- Inclusion of 737-800BCF
- Inclusion of STC ST02556SE (Conversion of a Boeing 737-700 passenger configuration airplane to a special freighter configuration)
Specific Section Highlights (non-exhaustive list)
ATA 26 FIRE PROTECTION
Item 12-01 Wing-Body Overheat Detector System - Separated item applicable to -100 thru -800 airplanes due to smoke removal requirements on -900/-900ER airplanes and added proviso e) for flight altitude restriction.
e) Flight altitude remains at or below FL 250.
Item 12-02 Wing-Body Overheat Detector System - New relief item applicable to -900/-900ER airplanes
f) Forward cargo heat duct is secured closed, and
g) Airport ambient temperature does not exceed 103 degrees F (39 degrees C).
ATA 34 NAVIGATION
Item 36-01-04 Navigation Databases - Revised provisos per Policy Letter (PL) 98, Revision 1.
May be inoperative provided:
a) Operations do not require its use,
b) It is not used in a primary navigation system required by 14 CFR,
c) Alternate procedures are developed and used,
d) The ICAO Flight Plan is updated (as required) to notify ATC of the navigation equipment status of the aircraft, and
e) It is repaired within 10 flight days.
NOTE: An out-of-currency or out-of-date navigation database is not authorized MMEL relief per 14 CFR.
ATA 36 PNEUMATIC
Item 06 Dual Bleed Light System - Revised proviso verifying APU bleed valve in closed position.
(O) May be inoperative provided:
a) APU bleed air is not used in flight, and
b) APU bleed valve is verified closed before each departure.
Revision 2 to the MAX -8 & -9 MMEL was published 10 April 2020. It incorporated the following changes following the types redesign after the MCAS accidents.
ATA 22 Autoflight
- Deleted dispatch option 22-10-01B. Autopilot Systems (Both Inoperative) – FAA will no longer allow dispatch with both A/P inoperative. Because The Speed Trim System uses the FCCs.
- Deleted item 22-10-02 Autopilot Disengage Aural Warning System - FAA will no longer allow dispatch with this inoperative. Because the Aural warning is now considered to be of similar importance to both disengage lights for timely flight crew.
alerting of autopilot disengagement
- Deleted item 22-10-03 STAB OUT OF TRIM Light – FAA will no longer allow
dispatch with this inoperative. Because FCC 12.1.3 will generate the STAB OUT OF TRIM light below 30 knots ground speed to prevent erroneous dispatch for the next flight due to latent loss of one STS channel.
- Deleted item 22-11-01 Speed Trim Function – FAA will no longer allow dispatch with this item inoperative. Because The Speed Trim System (STS) provides speed and pitch stability augmentation.
- Deleted item 22-11-02 SPEED TRIM FAIL Light – FAA will no longer allow dispatch with this light inoperative. Because the AoA's are now compared and exceeding the comparison threshold will generate the SPEED TRIM FAIL light and inhibits both MCAS and Speed Trim operation
for the remainder of the flight.
- Deleted dispatch option 22-11-05-02B Mode Control Panel A/P Engage Command (CMD) Switches (Both Inoperative)
- Deleted dispatch option 22-11-06-02B Mode Control Panel A/P Engage Command (CMD) Switch Lights (Both Inoperative)
- Added proviso to dispatch option 22-11-08-01A ASA Autopilot (A/P) Disengage Light (One Inoperative) – FAA will require that the autopilot disengage aural warning system operates normally
- Deleted dispatch option 22-11-08-01B Autothrottle (A/T) Disengage Light (Both Inoperative) – FAA requires that operators comply with operational requirements contained in MMEL 22-31-01 (Autothrottle system)
- Added proviso to dispatch option 22-11-10A Control Wheel Autopilot Disengage Switches (One Inoperative) – FAA will require that the Mode Control Panel autopilot DISENGAGE bar also operates normally. Because the two switches can disengage both FCCs.
- Deleted dispatch option 22-11-10B Control Wheel A/P Disengage Switches (Both Inop) - FAA will no longer allow dispatch with this inoperative. Because the two switches can disengage both FCCs.
ATA 27 Flight Controls
- Deleted item 27-41-01 Control Wheel Trim Switch – FAA will no longer allow dispatch with one of these switches inoperative