- Data such as high precision position and runway condition from Approach Ref 2/2 is made available for Runway Situational Awareness Tools (RSAT) system although it is not yet certified.
- Improvement that delays capture of IAN Final Approach Course for certain geometries.
- The pilot can now define Visual Flight Rules final approach utilizing the IAN function. The pilot selects the runway and FPA as normal.
- The vertical angle of the glide path IAN function will continue to obey any altitude constraints from the Final Approach Fix to the coded MAP waypoint (Vertical Reference Point).
- Changed the sign of the XTK IAN lateral deviation when the track angle error is greater than 90 deg. To harmonise NPS display with ILS.
- adds a comparison of an OAT entry made by the pilot with available OAT information provided from the EEC (NG) or TAT (Classics). If a difference is detected the FMC alert message “OAT DISAGREE -DELETED” and TAKEOFF SPEEDS DELETED will be displayed.
- DATALINK LOST alert message displayed if FANS datalink connectivity is lost.
- During a VNAV PTH descent the A/T can now be configured to “wake up” from ARM to FMC SPD when the speed drops to between 5-15kts below target speed. (It used to be 15kts below).
- RTA improved by recalculating with every flight plan change.
- Various other bugfixes.
Note that U12 has the following two in-service issues.
- Flickering CDS MAP displays or Fuel Quantity indication - fixed with CDS BP15
- The FMC can load an incorrect EO SID on the RTE LEGs page creating a MOD flight plan. - to be fixed with U14
- IAN aircraft - nuisance G/S Alerts resulting from the IAN path being steeper than VNAV - to be fixed with U13